The following are the Data Entry features in tally.
There are many, but a few are listed below.
1) General Date Tally accepts date in multiple formats
2) General Name Creation Highlight how Tally converts the text in Sentence format automatically and also how the name shrinks within the available space
3) Accounting Creating Accounting Masters – Groups Highlight – about Pre-defined Groups in Tally, option of creating user defined groups, ( Unlimited tree of Group to Sub Groups )Managing groups in Multiple Companies .
4) Accounting Creating Accounting Masters – Ledgers Highlight – about Pre-defined Ledgers in Tally, option of creating a Ledger with Advanced Usage. Creating Multiple Ledger.
5) General Voucher Types Highlight – about Pre-defined Voucher Types in Tally, Creating user defined voucher types with advanced configuration, Voucher Class for Purchase / Sales / Payment / Receipt/ Contra/ Journal / Credit Notes/ Debit Notes / Stock Journal Voucher.
6) inventory Creating of Inventory Masters – Stock Groups Depending upon the business needs of the customer this feature can be used – this can be highlighted especially about building a tree relationship of primary group, sub group etc.,
7) inventory Creating of Inventory Masters – Stock Category Depending upon the business needs of the customer this feature can be used – this can be highlighted especially about building a tree relationship of primary category, sub category etc.,
8) inventory Creating of Inventory Masters – Stock Item Depending upon the business needs of the customer this feature can be used – this can be highlighted.
9) inventory Creating of Inventory Masters – Unit of Measurement Highlight on creation of Simple Unit of Measure, Compound Unit of Measure, Alternative unit of Measurement, Setting up relationship between base unit and alternative unit – which can be practically used to handle conversion of unit practically the same way as per the business needs of a customer
10) inventory Creating Bill of Material Concept of how Tally handles BoM requirement could be highlighted
11) inventory Creating Manufacturing \Stock Journal Concept of how Tally handles Manufacturing process using Manufacturing Journal \ Stock Journal could be highlighted
12) inventory Creating of Inventory Masters – Warehouse\Godowns Concept of how Tally handles Godowns could be highlighted
13) inventory Batches and Expiry Dates Concept of how Tally handles Batch No. / Lot No. and Date of Manufacturing and Expiry could be highlighted
14) Accounting Voucher Entry payment/ Receipt/ Contra/Journal/ Sales/Purchase/Debit Note/Credit Note
15) Accounting Formal Receipt Tally supports generation of Formal Receipt
16) inventory Voucher Entry – Purchase Order / Receipt note- GRN/Purchase Entry with inventory/Rejections Out – Purchase Return/Debit Note/** Sales Order/Delivery Note/Generation of Sales Invoice/ Rejections In – Sales Returns / Credit Note
17) inventory Voucher Entry – **Stock Journal/ Manufacturing Journal / Physical Stock
18) General Memorandum Vouchers for making suspense payments/ items given for approval
19) General Optional Vouchers – for provisions to handle incomplete transaction – provision for salary to be created at the end of month- though salaries are due for payment in the H30 week of next month
20) General Optional Vouchers – for Post Dated Cheques, for Scenarios
21) inventory Using Different Actual and Billed Quantities – For Free Scheme, for Free Replacements, Rounding off Billing qty
22) inventory Using Zero Valued Entries for Samples given
23) General Unlimited Levels of Classification There is absolutely no limit on the no. of branches that can be created from a primary group to sub group.
24) General Columnar Reports Sales Register, Purchase Register, Cash Book, Bank Book, Journal Register
25) General Sales Reports Columnar Sales Register, Monthly Sales Summary, Extract of Sales Register , Sales Register with profitability
26) General Statistics Complete Visibility about transactions and masters available in the database
27) General Chart of Accounts Creation of Chart of Accounts as per user’s business requirement
28) General Reminder Letter Reminder letter could be configured, printed and emailed from Tally directly
29) General Confirmation of Ledger Balance Letter Confirmation of Ledger Balances could be configured, printed and emailed from Tally directly
30) Accounting Bank Reconciliation Statement BRS can be handled
31) Accounting Cost Centre Class Saves time by predefining the allocation between cost centres
32) General Filters and Range User can Filter any report based on multiple Criteria – For Example based on voucher date/ Voucher no./ voucher value / ledger name etc.,
33) General Index Printing for Multi Account Printing – When Ledgers are printed – Index with ledger name and page number is generated
34) General Print preview Print preview for all reports is available
35) General Multiple selection and deletion of vouchers Saves time
36) General Copy and paste between Tally and Any window based application like word/excel to Tally Saves time
37) inventory Flexible Units of Measure / Alternative units Can Set up Units of measure in terms of simple/compound and alternative units. Relation between base unit and alternative unit could be addressed exactly as per user’s business requirement without any restriction even if varies for each transaction. For Ex 1 Bag of 100 Kgs, 1 Bag of 250 Kgs etc.,
38) General Drill Down Facility From Any report the user can Zoom in up to the voucher level and make changes if required and the same is updated in real time basis
39) General Post Dated Vouchers Optional Vouchers can be marked as post dated and they get regularised automatically on the give date
40) General F12 – Configuration Configuration screen set up could be highlighted and explained how it varies from screen to screen. It is almost like Right click of mouse button