How to make tally backup restore?
Before we go in the procedure, it is better to know what is it?
What is backup ?
Suppose in the case of an accidental loss of original working data, keeping a copy of your data in another location is the wise solution to bring it back. Because there is chance you may loss your data irrecoverably.
The reason may be a hard drive failure or a virus attack or something like that. You can take a backup of your working data in many ways.
1) Just copy and paste the data folder in to some other location (for example a pen drive)
2) You can enable auto backup in tally (remember, there is no scheduling in tally for backup)
3) Manual backup within tally.
What is restore ?
Restore means bringing back, deleted or damaged company data from backup copy. This case no partial data will be used. It will be a complete replacement with the new data.
What is the benefit of Backup and Restore tools in Tally ?
The following benefits for using these tools :-
Save the energy of accountant for feeding voucher entries again . Save time. Simple Steps for using backup and Restore tools
Follow the following procedure to backup
1) From the Gateway of Tally -> comp info (Alt+f3) ->Backup
automatically in the source, Tally will show the present data path.
2) Give the destination path (the drive and folder path) where you want to backup. and enter
Automatically all the companies available in the source directory will show. one company or multiple companies can be selected (optional). Then enter. In the destination folder it will create only one file. But don’t worry, everything tally is zipped in one file. it will look something like this “TBK900.001”
Follow the following procedure to Restore
1) From the Gateway of Tally -> comp info (Alt+f3) ->Restore
automatically in the Destination, Tally will show the present data path.
2) Give the Source path (the drive and folder path) where your backup copy is(it will look something like this “TBK900.001”). and enter.That is all. your data will be restored.